Help to overcome Frigidity and other sexual issues using hypnotherapy & counselling in Fareham, Southampton, Portsmouth & Winchester.
This term that dates back to the 15th Century but is still relevant for many people today. Even back then it was used to describe women who failed to respond to a sexual stimulus or who were unable to achieve an orgasm during intercourse. Today, it is much more common than you might think but it can be a difficult topic to discuss.
If you shy away from sexual attention or are worried about your lack of interest in sex and this is affecting your relationships, then it’s time to get help. We are based in Fareham, and help people in Southampton, Portsmouth and Winchester with this issue.
Frigidity can occur for many reasons both physical and emotional. It is likely that most women will experience this at some point in their lives. It is nothing that you need to be ashamed or worried about, help is available.
- Depression and low self-esteem– feeling low or depressed can cause a woman to have a low sex drive as she does not feel confident enough to engage in sexual activity. She may be worried about being rejected. Experiences in the past could also lead to having low self-esteem and a bad sexual experience that has led to ridicule from a partner may leave a reluctance to engage in sex again.
- Fear – fear of getting pregnant or fear of catching a sexually transmitted disease can cause a woman to feel that she does not want to engage in sexual activity. This may relate to issues she could have experienced in the past and even if precautions are taken this does not always mean that the fear is eliminated.
- Times during or after pregnancy – during this time, women may not feel like they want to engage in sexual activity. Pregnancy and birth puts a lot of strain on the body, especially certain areas can cause these parts to be painful and therefore may lead to disinterest in sex.
- Alcohol or drug addiction may affect the ability to have sex.
- Stress – this can play a huge part in how we feel about ourselves and can affect the things that we do or feel that we are able to do. If we feel stressed or tired, we are less likely to want to engage in sexual activity.
- Fatigue– this can affect libido
- Lack of trust– there may be an issue with trust within the relationship. This could be caused by many things such as a cheating partner in the past, or an incident that resulted in the trust being destroyed. Lack of trust can affect whether a woman is willing to engage in sexual activity. Feeling secure, wanted and loved can be essential for some women.
Physical Symptoms that can cause frigidity:
There can be physical symptoms that can lead to frigidity, these can include the following:
- Pain and discomfort during sex
- Dryness of the vagina
- Medication – some medications can affect libido; it is important to seek medical advice if you think that your medication is affecting your sex drive
How can hypnosis help?
Not a lot of people think about using hypnosis to help with issues such as frigidity but it really can be an effective way of dealing with this issue. Hypnotherapy and counselling can help you to get to the specifics of why this is an issue in the first place, once the cause is known, there are different methods that can assist in helping you to overcome frigidity and leave you feeling free and happy to enjoy a wonderful sex life.
Hypnotherapy can help you to re-frame any past incidents that have left you feeling cold in the bedroom, it can enable you to get rid of any fears or worries that you may have. Hypnotherapy can get to the root cause of the issue and help you to move past this so that it does not affect you in the future. Once this has been re-framed, hypnotherapy can help you to build up your confidence and self-esteem so that you can feel great in your own skin and have the confidence to share yourself with someone else.
If stress is a factor for you this can be tackled with hypnotherapy, our hypnotherapists are here to guide you into a wonderful state of complete and total relaxation. In this safe and confidential environment working with our fully trained hypnotherapists, you will feel completely comfortable and you will be able to look forward to a brighter future.
At the Hampshire Hypnotherapy & Counselling Centre, we really do understand and we’re here to help you. The first step is to admit that your frigidity is causing you problems in your life and then just pick up the phone and call us on 0800 970 4776 or 07946 641270 and have a quick chat with one of our friendly team of professional hypnotherapists and counsellors. You can then book an appointment to pop in for a free initial consultation and we can explain the therapy to you and you can ask any questions you may have.
For help with controlling frigidity and sexual issues call us today. We’re really easy to find in Whiteley, Fareham and in Southampton, (serving Portsmouth & Winchester).